We have discovered an installation issue that happens on non-US versions of Windows 2000 and XP, where it will bring up a message that it is not the original CD-ROM.
IMPORTANT! In order for the steps below to work, you must be able to validate over the Internet to run the program without using the CD as a key disk. This can be done either during installation or directly after. If you do not have an Internet connection on the computer you are trying to install to, please contact Technical Support for further assistance.
1. Copy the data folder from the Movie Magic Screenwriter CD-ROM to the root of the C: drive.
IMPORTANT: the folder must be copied to the root of the C: drive only and not put in a sub-folder! For help on copying files and folders, please visit our Tutorials or consult your Windows manual.
2. Then, in the C:\Data folder, do a right click on Setup-32.exe and click Properties.
3. Uncheck Read-Only and click OK.
4. Download the new version of Setup-32.exe (517Kb) and make sure to save the file in the C:\data folder.
5. Double click on the Setup-32.exe file in the C:\data folder to install the program.