Several issues might contribute to this:
- A registry cleaner like Tune-Up Utilities might be on the system that is causing the problem (most likely cause).
- You used System Restore in Windows XP to restore your machine to a point prior to registering/validating.
- Moving the Movie Magic Screenwriter folder from one drive (or partition) to another instead of uninstalling/reinstalling.
- The hard drive was formatted (erased/wiped) without Screenwriter being uninstalled first.
- The hard drive crashed and you couldn't uninstall Screenwriter.
If you have a registry cleaner utility installed, please set it to ignore/exclude the following registry key (please see the Help file in your registry cleaner utility for instructions):
That will keep the validation from being zapped by the registry cleaner utility.
If you need a credit reset, please contact Technical Support.