NOTE: This update is free to those that have an activated version of Mac Movie Magic Screenwriter 6.5 installed on their Mac computer. It is NOT a free upgrade from Screenwriter 6.0.
Movie Magic Screenwriter 6.5 Release notes: CLICK HERE
Fixed in Screenwriter 220.127.116.11 R5:
- Fixed Outline Styles Hierarchy bug: Corrected long-standing problem with making changes in the Outline Styles tab of FORMAT > Element Styles, where making almost any change could mess up a complex hierarchy.
- Added feature in the Outline Styles tab of FORMAT > Element Styles, so if you select an outline style and then press the “+” Add Outline Style, the new Outline Style would be inserted immediately beneath the style you selected. Previously, it would get added towards the end, even if there was a selection.
- The Auto-Correct spell-check feature is DEFAULTED TO OFF. This was done so writers wouldn’t accidentally have auto correction happening without realizing the feature was now working again. Also, the default for the maximum letters to be considered for auto-correct has been upped from 10 to 20.
- In 18.104.22.168 R4: Fixed a crash that would happen when SAVING or SAVE AS (or perhaps Save a Copy): when destination didn’t have write privileges.
- In 22.214.171.124 R4: Auto-Correct fixed: Restored functionality to “auto-correct spell-check feature.
Fixed in Screenwriter 126.96.36.199 R4:
- Fixed a MAJOR bug related to macOS 10.13 “High Sierra”, which caused an error alert “FSRenameUnicode” to be displayed when the script document was saved onto a drive formatted with High Sierra’s new Apple File System (APFS).
- Fixed a bug: if the user selected "Automatic by Language" for their spell-check language, that setting was NOT properly restored when re-opening the .mmx file format. This resulted to the spell-check language defaulting back to English. (Thanks, Pico!)
- Fixed a bug in Activation and Registration app that caused it to fail to create a new registration account if the user's locale was Chinese.
- Added new version of Activate and Register Screenwriter app that can be run from the BASH command line. This is only relevant to schools and companies trying to activate a lot of copies of Screenwriter using automated scripting tools.
Fixed in Screenwriter 188.8.131.52 R3:
- Fixed a bug where FDX files generated by Fade In and Highland could not be opened because those programs didn't generate XML tags the way Final Draft does.
- Changed the choices on the Activation and Registration app to be two radio buttons with very clear language describing the choices of creating a NEW account, or adding the serial number to an EXISTING account.
- Corrected a bug when Screenwriter would crash on opening a document if the user had Nuance Dragon Dictate installed, because it adds a "Multilingual" language type, which is missing an Apple parameter. Corrects similar issue with the Finnish language selection "Suomi (Voikko)", a spelling and grammar checker for Finnish.
- Corrected a bug which caused a crash when using the delete forward key when deleting the first character of dialog in an element of dialog that IMMEDIATELY followed another element of dialog with no intervening parenthetical or character name.