The Hollywood Screenwriter CD menu does not work under Windows Vista. In order to install the program, you will need to run the Setup manually.
If Hollywood Screenwriter is already installed, start at step 7.
- Insert the Hollywood Screenwriter CD-ROM.
- If the Autoplay menu comes up, choose 'Open Folder to View Files.'
- If the Autoplay doesn't come up, click on Start > Computer, then right click on the drive that shows the Screenwriter CD and choose Explore.
- Double click on Setup.exe.
- Click 'Allow' on the Account Control dialog.
- Proceed with the on-screen steps to finish installation.
- Right click on the "Hollywood Screenwriter" icon on the Desktop and choose Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- In the "Privilege Level" section, check the box labeled "Run this program as an Administrator".
- Click OK.
You can now run the program by double clicking on the shortcut on the desktop.