Error -1309 during installation is due to an obscure registry setting. In order to install Word Menu, you will need to follow the instructions below.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL REGISTRY FILE
- Click on the link below to download the registry file. (Right click link and choose Save Target As/Save Link As)
- If prompted, choose to Save (not Open) and save the file on your Desktop.
- Open the zip file on your Desktop by double clicking it.
- Inside the zip file, double click on 1309fix.reg.
- When the dialog comes up asking if you want to add the information to the registry, click Yes.
(NOTE: This will not having any adverse effects with your system, since you are actually enabling a feature.)
DELETE WORD MENU 2.0 TEMP FOLDER
- Click on Start > Computer (My Computer in XP).
- In Windows Vista or higher, open up Local Disk C: > Users > (your username) > AppData > Local > Temp. (In Windows XP, open up Local Disk C: > Documents and Settings > [your username] > Local Settings > Temp.)
- Right click the Word Menu folder and select Delete.
- Click Yes to send it to the Recycle Bin.
- Restart your computer.
INSTALL WORD MENU
- Download the installer for Word Menu from the link below.
INSTALL WORD MENU FOR WINDOWS
- When prompted, choose Run or Open.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install the program.
Tag: Word Menu, Windows