This is a known issue that occurs when starting up Screenwriter 2000 (4.x) with the CD already in the drive.
Updating to the latest version of Screenwriter will solve this issue:
- In order for the following steps to work you must be connected to the Internet.
- Make sure Movie Magic Screenwriter is closed.
- Click on Start > All Programs > Movie Magic Screenwriter > Check for Internet Updates.
- An Update Information window will appear, which will show the status of your connection with our web site.
- Click the "Update Selected Files" button to update Screenwriter.
- After updating, you will receive a message that says, "All selected updates have been processed." Click OK.
Movie Magic Screenwriter is now updated.