This is a known issue in Screenwriter 2000 (4.x) that occurs because the Namebank file is set to Read Only.
With Screenwriter closed:
- Click on the start menu and Select Search (in older versions of windows you will go to Find >
then Files or folders .)
- In the Name field type in NAMEBANK.FIL
- Make sure that the field FIND IN: is set to: Local Hard Drives
- Click the Search (Find) Button.
- Once the file appears in the search window, click on it with the right mouse button and click properties.
- Uncheck the Read-Only check box.
- Close the properties window by clicking in the [X] box in the upper right hand screen.
- Close the search window by clicking in the [X] box in the upper right hand screen.
Open Screenwriter and try to start the Name Bank program; it should now be working.