If you are experiencing the program quitting repeatedly after working for only a few minutes, there is a permissions problem with Screenwriter's preference folder.
Please do the following:
- With the Finder running, open your Home (user) folder by clicking Go > Home from the menubar at the top.
- Open the Library folder.
- Open the Preferences folder.
- Highlight (single click!) the Movie Magic Screenwriter 6 folder.
- Click on File > Get Info (CMD+I).
- Open the Sharing & Permissions section near the bottom.
- Unlock the padlock by clicking on it, and then enter in your Mac system password.
- Click on the plus (+) button.
- From the list choose Administrators and click on Select.
- Set the Privilege for "Administrators" to Read & Write.
- Click on the Gear icon.
- Choose Apply to Enclosed Items and click OK.
- Lock the padlock and close the window.
Screenwriter 6 should now run properly without quitting unexpectedly.