Only follow these instructions if we have first set up an appointment to do screen sharing:
- Here's a link to download the Write Brothers QuickSupport app that will allow us to do Screen Sharing with you using TeamViewer:
- After you click on the link, your browser will open and you will be taken to a web page, where your download should automatically begin:
- A .zip file named TeamViewerQS.zip will be downloaded.
Depending on your browser and your security settings, you may be asked to open or save the downloaded file. Opening the file will usually decompress the zip file:
- Your Downloads folder will have the decompressed executable .exe file that begins with TeamViewerQQ, something like:
Either your browser will ask to Run that downloaded file:
or you should locate the downloaded file and run (double-click) it yourself:
- The Write Brothers QuickSupport program will be displayed:
- Please respond to this email with the nine numbers listed in the "Your ID" field (NOT the ID from the above screen shot!). NOTE: if you cannot change the "Password" field (I.E. it is four asterisks), then you will not need to send the password information. If you CAN read the password, please send it, too.
- Leave the QuickSupport app running! We have already arranged a time when we will connect to you. When we do you'll see your mouse pointer moving on your screen (very creepy). If you have a built-in microphone (usually all Windows laptops do) then we will speak to you via your built-in audio. We won’t be able to hear you until you unmute your microphone. We’ll explain how to do that when we connect.
If you have no built-in audio, we will make arrangements to connect by phone.