- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1 or 10*
- 32 MB RAM
- 20 Megabytes of Hard Disk Space
- CPU: 133 MHz (200 MHz recommended)
- Video display resolution of 800 x 600 (SVGA) or greater
*Follow installation instructions carefully
- Click on the Download button on this page (above).
- Once you click on the link, you will be brought to the Write Brothers WeTransfer.com download page. Click on the DOWNLOAD button to begin the download (Outline4Dinstaller.zip).
-- If you get an alert asking to permit the download make sure to allow it.
-- If the alert window has an Advanced button on it, click on the Advanced button THEN click on the "Continue to register.write-bros.com (unsafe)" link to allow it -- it is SAFE, despite the alert:
- The file is large and can take a while to download. You can check the progress by using your browser's download status option.
- Once the download is done, you can find the Outline4Dinstaller.zip file in your Downloads folder (or wherever you downloaded the file).
- Open the Downloads folder using the Finder.
- Double-click on the Outline4Dinstaller.zip file to un-compress the file.
- Right-click on the installer -- Outline4Dinstaller.exe -- and choose Run As Administrator. This ensures Outline 4D has the proper Windows read and write permissions.
If the installer appears to stall (progress bar stops moving around 30% to 60%), the issue is that Windows 10 has opened an alert BEHIND the main window, asking if it's OK to install the voices files. Sometimes you can even see the very bottom of that window at the bottom of the main installer window. Solution is simple: just MOVE the main installer window to the side so you can see that alert window, and then confirm that it's OK to install, and the installation process will resume. If you've waited so long that the Installer generates errors, you will need to run the installer again.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install the software.
- Once the installation has completed, do a right-click on the Outline 4D shortcut on the desktop.
- Choose Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- In the "Privilege Level" section, check the box labeled Run this program as an Administrator.
- Click OK. The program should now run normally.
- When you run Outline 4D, choose the Activate button, choose the internet activation option, and follow the subsequent steps to internet activate.
- If you cannot internet activate:
- Rerun the Outline 4D software
- Click on the Activate button
- Choose the manual activation option
- Press the COPY CHALLENGE button
- Paste the challenge code into an email reply to this email
- We will generate a response code and send it to you to activate
*You may wish to choose Save if you want to have the installer somewhere on your hard drive for safe keeping. If using Firefox, click Save File and then double-click the file manually after it is done downloading.