File version: 184.108.40.206
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) - 10.9 (Mavericks)
- install Word Menu 2.0 as a new installation
- reinstate functionality under Mac OS X 10.7 and higher (see changelog below).
- Click on the Download button on this page.
- Once the download is done, you can find the WordMenuInstaller.dmg file in your Downloads folder (or wherever you downloaded the file).
- Double click on the DMG file to mount it on the desktop. You will see a Word Menu 2.5.1 Installer volume icon on the desktop.
- Inside of that volume, double-click on the Install Word Menu 2.5.1 icon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the install. If prompted for a password during installation, this would be the password you created when setting up your Mac computer.
In some cases the installer may ask you to click the "Upgrade" button to install. In these cases, go ahead and click "Upgrade" to complete installation. Once the installation is complete, you can locate the program in the Applications folder on your hard drive.
- WORD MENU IS NOW COMPATIBLE ON INTEL MACS 10.5 and higher: The software now runs on native Intel machines.
- CHILD-SAFE LEXICON REMOVED: Due to technical issues, the Child-Safe Lexicon option has been removed.
- WORD MENU 2.4 NOW WORKS WITH MOVIE MAGIC SCREENWRITER 6.0.3 AND ABOVE: If you have Movie Magic Screenwriter 6.0.3 or higher, you can highlight a word and then have it search for that word in Word Menu by clicking the Word Menu Icon* on the Toolbar. NOTE: Presently, under 10.7 and higher, you may need to launch Word Menu and have it running in the background for Screenwriter to request word lookup. A fix for this will be in the next release of Screenwriter.
* Please refer to the Movie Magic Screenwriter 6 Manual on how to add Word
Menu to your ToolBar.
- KNOWN ISSUE WITH TOOLBAR FRACTAL BROWSER ICON: There is a problem which prevents clicking on the Fractal Browser Icon to toggle the Fractal Browser view on and off. However, you can use the VIEW > Fractal Browser menu command (CMD+B).