FOR WINDOWS SCREENWRITER 6
As of April 2022, there is a new license management system for Windows Screenwriter that no longer has activation issues. It also has a new serial number that begins with "WMM6-".
If you have the older Screenwriter 6 serial number that begins with SCRW0600, you may request a replacement serial number by sending a tech support ticket through the support website.
FOR OUTLINE 4D
Windows browsers recently changed their defaults to no longer support TLS 1.0.
- Launch the Windows Screenwriter application
- Click on the Authorize button
- Choose the manual activation option
- Press the COPY CHALLENGE button
- Paste the challenge code into tech support ticket at the following link:
- We will generate a response code and send it to you to activate
Should you wish to try to do an internet activation, please read the following steps.
Our activation system requires TLS 1.0 for internet activation. If you run into errors trying to internet activate, here are the steps to allow internet activation:
- Set your Default Browser to Firefox (directions below).
- Change Firefox's preferences to support TLS 1.0 (see link below)
- Confirm any requests to add a security exception.
- Turn off your antivirus and security software temporarily -- they may be restored once you have activated successfully
HOW TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT BROWSER TO FIREFOX IN WINDOWS 10:
- Select the Start button, and then type Default apps.
- In the search results, select Default apps.
- Under Web browser, select the browser currently listed, and then select Firefox.
Here is a link to a FAQ to allow Firefox to use TLS 1.0 to activate Screenwriter 6 on Windows.
If the above do not work, please try a manual activation. We recommend internet activation when possible because manual activations cannot be reclaimed (i.e. used for a new computer), but the manual activation option is there if the internet activation won't work. Once you select the manual activation option, press the COPY CHALLENGE button and then paste the challenge code into a tech ticket from this site. We will generate a response code that you may paste into the reply field and then proceed with the manual activation.