Windows browsers recently changed their defaults to no longer support TLS 1.0. Our activation system requires TLS 1.0 for internet activation. If you run into errors trying to internet activate, here are the steps to allow internet activation:
- Set your Default Browser to Firefox (directions below).
- Change Firefox's preferences to support TLS 1.0 (see link below)
- Confirm any requests to add a security exception.
- Turn off your antivirus and security software temporarily -- they may be restored once you have activated successfully
HOW TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT BROWSER TO FIREFOX IN WINDOWS 10:
- Select the Start button, and then type Default apps.
- In the search results, select Default apps.
- Under Web browser, select the browser currently listed, and then select Firefox.
Here is a link to a FAQ to allow Firefox to use TLS 1.0 to activate Screenwriter 6 on Windows.
If the above do not work, please try a manual activation. We recommend internet activation when possible because manual activations cannot be reclaimed (i.e. used for a new computer), but the manual activation option is there if the internet activation won't work. Once you select the manual activation option, press the COPY CHALLENGE button and then paste the challenge code into a tech ticket from this site. We will generate a response code that you may paste into the reply field and then proceed with the manual activation.