To purchase a discounted upgrade to the latest major version of Movie Magic Screenwriter, click here.
File version: 4.8.12
System Requirements: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) - 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)
This version is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or higher!
This download will...
- install Movie Magic Screenwriter 2000 (v4) on the computer.
- correct quite a few issues, add several enhancement and new features (see changelog below).
- Click on the Download button on this page.
- Once you click on the link, you will be brought to the Write Brothers WeTransfer.com download page. Click on the DOWNLOAD button to begin the download (Screenwriter4.dmg.zip).
- The file is large and can take a while to download. You can check the progress by using your browser's download status option.
- Once the download is done, you can find the Screenwriter4.dmg.zip file in your Downloads folder (or wherever you downloaded the file).
- Open the Downloads folder using the Finder.
- Double-click on the Screenwriter4.dmg.zip file to un-compress the file if it isn't already uncompressed.
- Double click on the DMG file to mount it on the desktop. You will see a Screenwriter 4.8.12 volume icon on the desktop.
- Inside the volume icon, drag the entire Movie Magic Screenwriter folder into Applications.
- To run the program, open the /Applications/Movie Magic Screenwriter folder and double-click on the Screenwriter application icon. You will be asked to enter your serial number and to validate the program online (or insert the CD).
Fixes/Changes in 4.8.12
- Scroll wheel now works in Macintosh Screenwriter.
- Preference added to display text anti-aliased under OS X (added to MISC panel of app preferences).
- When arrowing down the page, the cursor no longer disappears making it impossible to know how far down you have gone.
- Installed new program & document Icons for Mac Screenwriter.
- Replaced Splash Screen with updated (non-Screenwriter) graphics.
- Updated Documentation to function from opening PDF of documentation instead of Altura’s “QuickHelp”.
- Updated Web Resources links.
- Program will crash when you exit Index Card Mode if any cards are missing title or content.
- Double clicking on the Character or Location list will crash the program.
- Receiving a file in iPartner crashes the application and can crash the OS.
- When loading formats From a Screenwriter script and then from a User Defined script the program crashes.
- “Copy from Script” option in Format > Edit User Lists > Character Names crashes the program.
- When disconnecting from iPartner on the pc the Mac version of Screenwriter still has a Partner View window and when you click in that window the program crashes.
Major Issues Fixed
- Screenwriter will not allow transitions on the bottom of a page, resulting in incorrect page breaking.
- Footer page number is incorrectly calculated one page ahead.
- Running spellcheck will insert an extra space after INT. or EXT. if certain conditions are in place.
- Screenwriter is not exporting Times of Day to Scheduling (.SEX) file.
- Screenwriter starts displaying the header on the wrong page when starting page number is not “1”.
- When printing multiple copies, the program squares the number of copies.
- HTML export displays pages in all black after first page (in Internet Explorer -- works in Safari).
Minor Issues Fixed
- When using Copy From Script under Format > Edit User Lists the Character, Location or Transition List window does not have focus.
- When printing, the page range is calculated incorrectly as “1 to 9999” (or 1 to 32768) on the Mac OS print window.
- When printing, the “From:” button is selected instead of “All” on the Mac OS print window.
- If Action elements were set in a style, e.g. italics, then the page breaking made invisible format codes proliferate in those elements, eventually causing warnings about SPLIT elements.
- Copy From Script does nothing under Format > Edit User Lists > Transitions if all the script’s Transitions are already in the list.
- Finnish and Portuguese are listed under Tools > Select Language, even though they are not available as spellcheck languages.
- About Screenwriter Box does not show the year information that a build was created.
- Typing the shortcut key for time of day takes you into a Scene heading instead of action. (Actually -- Doesn't Update Popup menu).
- When opening the Name bank you get a menu item that says Screenwriter Quick Help.
Article is closed for comments.