File version: 188.8.131.52
Requirements: Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.12
(NOT 10.13 High Sierra Compatible)
This download will install Screenwriter 6 as a new installation or update an existing installations as an update (this will not affect any of your documents). If you do not own a license, it will run as a 14-day trial.
Note: A newer version of Movie Magic Screenwriter, version 6.5, is available for upgrade for an upgrade fee. For more information, click here.
- First, quit out of Screenwriter completely if you have not done so already by clicking Screenwriter > Quit Screenwriter.
- Click on the Download button on this page.
- Once the download is done, you can find the MovieMagicScreenwriter6.dmg file in your Downloads folder (or wherever you downloaded the file).
- Double click on the DMG file to mount it on the desktop. You will see a Screenwriter Installer volume icon on the desktop.
- Inside of that volume, double-click on the Install Screenwriter... icon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the install. If prompted for a password during installation, this would be the password you created when setting up your Mac computer.
In some cases the installer may ask you to click the "Upgrade" button to install. In these cases, go ahead and click "Upgrade" to complete installation. Once the installation is complete, you can locate the program in the /Applications/Screenwriter 6 folder on your hard drive. Use the Screenwriter 6 serial number, which begins with "SCW0600", to internet activate your software.
If you have run into the Screenwriter 6.3 Sierra incompatibility and wish to install the 184.108.40.206 Sierra-compatible version of Movie Magic Screenwriter 6, you MUST throw the Screenwriter app in the trash BEFORE installing 220.127.116.11. The 18.104.22.168 installer will not install over newer versions of the software, e.g. 6.2 or 6.3.