File version: 22.214.171.124 R8
Requirements: Mac OS X 10.10 - 10.14 (Mojave Compatible)
NOTE: Mac Screenwriter 6.5 requires a paid upgrade from 6.0* and uses a completely different serial number that begins with MMSW and uses a different activation account that must be created on activation. IF YOU HAVE NOT UPGRADED TO MAC SCREENWRITER 6.5, CLICK HERE.
THIS IS A FREE UPDATE FOR MAC SCREENWRITER 6.5 USERS.
This download will install Mac Screenwriter 6.5 as a new installation or update an existing 6.5 installations as an update (this will not affect any of your documents).
- Click here to see summary of supplemental changes since the 6.5 release.
- Click here for the 6.5 original release notes.
- First, quit out of Screenwriter completely if you have not done so already by clicking Screenwriter > Quit Screenwriter.
- Click on the CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE INSTALLER link above on this page.
- Once you click on the link, you MAY get a small window that lets you choose either to Open the compressed file (e.g. MovieMagicScreenwriter65_7_65_R8.dmg.zip) using an Archive Utility (recommended), or select Save File to save the compressed in your Downloads folder .
- The file is large and can take a while to download. You can check the progress by using your browser's download status option. This example screenshot is from Firefox:
- Once the download is done:
- If you choose to open the file, the uncompressed DMG file (e.g. MovieMagicScreenwriter65_7_65_R8.dmg.zip) will be located in your Downloads folder.
- If you chose to save the file, you can find the MovieMagicScreenwriter65_7_65_R8.dmg.zip file in your Downloads folder (or wherever you downloaded the file).
- Open the Downloads folder using the Finder.
- Double-click on the MovieMagicScreenwriter65_7_65_R8.dmg.zip file to un-compress the file.
- Double-click on the DMG file (e.g. MovieMagicScreenwriter65_7_65_R8.dmg) to mount it on the desktop.
- The DMG will open and you should see a Screenwriter installer volume (window) that looks like this:
- Inside of that volume, double-click on the Install Movie Magic Screenwriter... icon.
- A small message will be displayed:
NOTE: For some users, the installer seems to get stuck at this point. If this happens to you, follow the directions in this FAQ: Fixing a Macintosh .pkg that gets stuck in the 'verifying" stage...
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the install.
- When prompted for a password during installation, enter the password you use to log into your Mac computer:
- Press the Install Software button.
- Once the installer is completed, you should get the Installation was Successful screen:
- Click on the Close button.
NOTICE: Because we found that some users would accidentally launch the older Screenwriter 6.0 version, this Screenwriter 126.96.36.199 installer now deletes any old version of Screenwriter 6.0 (i.e. the Screenwriter.app file located in your /Applications/Screenwriter 6). Any version prior to Screenwriter 6.5 won't run on MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or 10.14 (Mojave) anyway, and the Screenwriter 6.5 version you're installing SUPERCEEDS any 6.0.x version. The old Screenwriter 6 folder is left in place, but will no longer contain a copy of the old app. Your document files will remain unaffected.
Feel free to delete the entire OLD /Applications/Screenwriter 6 folder – your newer program will be located in the /Applications/Screenwriter 6.5 folder.
Updating an installed version of Mac Screenwriter 6.5 does not require the activation step if an earlier version of the software was installed previously. However, if this is the first time Screenwriter 6.5 is installed on the computer, you will need to activate. Please following the activation directions beginning with STEP 15 on the installation provided in the following link.