1) Using the Finder's GO menu, select the "Go to Folder" menu item.
2) Enter (or copy and paste) this path into the Go to the folder field: /System/Library/CoreServices/
3) Run the "Installer.app" application (it might be only listed as "Installer"). Be careful, there are several confusingly similarly spelled apps:
4) You will be presented with an Open dialog. Navigate to the mounted .dmg volume:
5) …and press the OPEN button. Now select the "Install Movie Magic Screenwriter 220.127.116.11.pkg" file:
6) …and press the OPEN button. At this point, the installer should function as expected.
Tag: Movie Magic Screenwriter