Did you get an error while trying to download a program using Firefox?
Below are directions for setting the TLS1.0 preference in Firefox. HOWEVER, instead of going through these hoops for an internet activation, we recommend that you do a manual activation by doing the following:
- Launch the Windows Screenwriter application
- Click on the Authorize button
- Choose the manual activation option
- Press the COPY CHALLENGE button
- Paste the challenge code into tech support ticket at the following link:
- We will generate a response code and send it to you to activate
Should you wish to try internet activation:
Firefox 43 supports TLS 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 by default. You shouldn't need to make any changes, but you can double-check the settings here if you like:
(1) In a new tab in Firefox, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste TLS and pause while the list is filtered
(3) If the security.tls.version.max preference is bolded and "user set" to a value other than 3, right-click > Reset the preference to restore the default value of 3
(4) If the security.tls.version.min preference is bolded and "user set" to a value other than 1, right-click > Reset the preference to restore the default value of 1
The values for these preferences mean:
1 => TLS 1.0
2 => TLS 1.1
3 => TLS 1.2
If you encounter errors on the site, please let us know the specific message you get.