NOTE: This update is free to those that have an activated version of Mac Dramatica Story Expert 5.3 installed on their Mac computer.
Dramatica Story Expert 5.3 Release notes: CLICK HERE
CHANGES IN BUG FIX REVISION 5.3.1:
Version 5.3.1 was released to fix several issues discovered in version 5.3:
- Changed behavior of installer: Dramatica 5.3.1 will be installed into a NEW folder, 'Dramatica Story Expert 5.3', and your old application in the old folder 'Dramatica Story Expert' will be automatically deleted.
- Storyform changes are now dynamically reflected in the Compare Documents window. NOTE: if you do a Save As or do a first Save of an untitled storyform, that new document name might not be reflected in the Compare Documents window. This will be fixed in the future.
- Corrected typing speed issue. Typing performance in text fields might have been unbearably slow in version 5.3, depending on the speed of your Mac. Users running on newer Macs (more recent than 2015) might not have notice any issue at all.
- Corrected spell checking. Spell checking was broken in 5.3 — you would not have notice any squiggly red underlines indicating that words are misspelled.
- Corrected context-click crash. If you context clicked (control-click, right click) on text, the program immediately crashed.
- Corrected crash if closing check-for-update window. A bug in Dramatica Story Expert since 2011: if you closed the Check-for-Update window by clicking in the red close dot in the upper left of that window, the program would hang.
- Corrected a crash that occurred with the Compare Documents command.
- Corrected a crash that might happen if you changed the Term Swap preference while the Compare Documents window was open.