If you have Mac OS 10.12 Sierra, you should download Dramatica Story Expert v5.0.6.
- NOTE: Before you install, please throw the Dramatic Story Expert app in the Trash, otherwise the installer will not overwrite the newer version with an older version of Dramatica Story Expert.
- If you have installed Screenwriter 6.2 or higher and are NOT on Sierra (Mac OS 10.12), and Dramatica Story Expert (v5.0.6) won't run, please download and install the pre-release version of Dramatica Story Expert v5.2.0.
File version: 5.0.6
System requirements: OS 10.5.8 (Leopard) - 10.13 (High Sierra) -- HIGH SIERRA-COMPATIBLE*
This download will...
- install Dramatica Story Expert 5 as a new installation.
- install over an existing installation as an update.
- run as 14-day trial if you do not have a license/serial number.
- correct several issues (see change log below).
- Click on the Download button.
- Open the DMG file if it does not do so automatically after the download has completed.
- Double click on the installer icon.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install the program. You will be prompted for your Mac system password during installation.
NOTE: In some cases the installer may ask you to click the "Upgrade" button to install. In these cases, go ahead and click "Upgrade" to complete installation.
Once the installation is complete, you can locate the program in the /Applications/Dramatica Story Expert folder on your hard drive.
* ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR HIGH SIERRA (MacOS 10.13):
Fixes/Changes in 5.0.6
- Cosmetic changes to Dictionary Window:
- Changed Dictionary background to white.
- Changed font to use the system font.
- Change font size from 10 to 14.
- Corrected issue where changes to header & footer field options were not being written out.
- Corrected problem with substitution text for Report name in header & footer not being
- Problem Solving vs. Problem-Solving inconsistency. Corrected it so the the NOUN is problem solving, and the adjective is problem-solving. So, one can employ problem solving or problem-solving techniques.
- Removed some unwanted spaces before colons in reports.
- Corrected definition of "Reach" -- it was out of date.
- Corrected weird wording in StoryGuide.
- Corrected various typos in Story Guide.
- Corrected typo in Analysis Topics.
- Corrected typo in Story Concept.
- Occasionally scrollbars may not scroll a long text field all the way up or down, by about a half line. If this happens, slightly resizing the window or clicking and dragging in the text field will adjust the view.
- SPELL CHECKING: highlighting of misspelled words can disappear.