If you are running Windows Screenwriter 6 with a WMM6 serial number, you may encounter this error message:
"Missing Required Screenwriter System File. A required system file that Screenwriter installed has been moved or deleted."
There are two likely causes of this error message:
CAUSE #1: PaceLicenseDServices is not automatically running:
1) Right-click on your Task Bar (at the bottom of the screen) and select Task Manager.
Click on the Services tab. You can see all the tabs in the screen shot, below: “Processes, Performance, App History, StartUp, Users, Details, SERVICES”.
Scroll down to where PaceLicenseDServices is listed on the left side. What does the Status column say? It should say: "Running". If it says "Running", go on to CAUSE #2 (below).
2) if it says anything other than "Running", right-click on PaceLicenseDServices and select "Open Services".
3) Scroll down until you see "PACE License Services":
4) Right-click on the row that says "PACE License Services" and select "Properties":
5) From the Startup Type menu, select "Manual".
6) Press "Apply"
7) Press OK, then close the Services window and close the Task Manager window.
8) Try running Start Screenwriter Desktop shortcut.
CAUSE #2: Your Security Software is Blocking Screenwriter Components:
This means that your security software has blocked or removed a required file. There is nothing insecure or nefarious about Screenwriter's component.
COMMON SECURITY PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
Norton / Symantec
Others include Intego, Panda, WebRoot AntiVirus, and Trend Micro Antivirus+
The solution is to:
1) temporarily turn off your anti-virus software;
2) re-install the missing component; An easy way to do this is to download the latest Pace iLok Windows 64-bit License Support Installer from www.iLok.com:
3) Run the downloaded installer. This will re-install the missing component. NOTE: Ignore the iLok Manager application -- it's not relevant to your Screenwriter license. If it runs, just exit out of iLok Manager.
4) Then, before running Screenwriter, immediately add the following two locations to your anti-virus / anti-malware list of "exceptions".
The two locations are:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\PACE\Services\LicenseServices\LDSvc.exe"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\PACE\"
Because each security software program is different, we don't have a list of exact steps for each program. However, all anti-virus / anti-malware software has a method to add files and folders to a list of "exceptions", which are then ignored.
5) Try running Start Screenwriter Desktop shortcut.