Updated: January 7, 2020
You may have accidentally upgraded to 10.15 Catalina, and discovered that a compatible 64-0bit version of Screenwriter or Dramatica Story Expert is NOT YET AVAILABLE.
One option is to DOWNGRADE from Catalina 10.15 back to an earlier version of MacOS (10.14 Mojave, for example). PLEASE NOTE: you can only DOWNGRADE as far back as the version of MacOS that originally shipped with your computer. However, many new Macs that shipped in 2019 or before CAN be downgraded to McOS 10.14 Mojave.
We provide these steps for clients that are technically competent and feel comfortable doing the downgrade process. You must be capable of making backups (for example, Time Machine backups) of your full computer before beginning the downgrade process. If you do not feel comfortable, please go to an Apple Store and have the local Apple Genius do the downgrade for you.
THIS IS AN OUTLINE OF THE PROCESS. WE WILL BE ADDING MORE DETAIL SHORTLY.
Follow this steps:
- Save a Time Machine backup on an external drive
- Create a bootable Mojave USB drive
- Boot the Mac in Recovery Mode (press and hold CMD+R while booting)
- Format the Mac HD in the Utility Disk ("Disk Utility")
- Install Mojave on the formatted HD
- Restore the previous Time Machine backup during the first configuration