File version: 126.96.36.199
Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1 or 10
This download will...
- install Screenwriter 6 if you don't have the program on the computer OR install directly over existing installations as an update (will not affect any of your documents).
- run as a 14-day trial if you do not own a license/serial number.
- correct several issues (see change log below).
First, please read the "Potential Issues when Downloading and Installing Screenwriter on Windows" section below. It may save you a lot of time if you run into problems.
If you are updating or upgrading, exit out of Screenwriter if it is running.
TO INSTALL SCREENWRITER 6:
- Click on the "Click Here To Download The Installer" link above.
- If prompted to Run/Open or Save, choose Save (or Save File).
- After it has downloaded, go to the folder in which the installer was saved, which is usually the Downloads folder.
- Right-click on the installer, and choose Run As Administrator. This ensures Screenwriter has the proper Windows read and write permissions. If the installer appears to stall (progress bar stops moving around 30% to 60%), the issue is that Windows 10 has opened an alert BEHIND the main window, asking if it's OK to install the voices files. Sometimes you can even see the very bottom of that window at the bottom of the main installer window. Solution is simple: just MOVE the main installer window to the side so you can see that alert window, and then confirm that it's OK to install, and the installation process will resume. If you've waited so long that the Installer generates errors, you will need to run the installer again.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install.
Potential Issues when Downloading and Installing Screenwriter on Windows, especially Windows 10:
Suggestions for PRIOR to Installing:
- Temporarily turn off any anti-virus (such as AVG, McAfee) and anti-malware (Windows Defender) software before installing the software.
- If you have MORE THAN ONE USER ACCOUNT, make sure you are logged into an ADMIN account (a user with administrator privileges). You can check this by looking at Control Panels > User Accounts > User Accounts, and make sure your user says "Administrator".
- Some browsers may not work with our activation: Opera has known issues with our activation server. Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome should all work, although each may complain about our activation site's security certificate. Your browser may ask you to create a "security exception" for our web site, "register.write-bros.com".
If you encounter issues DURING installation:
- If the installer appears to stall (progress bar stops moving around 30% to 60%), the issue is that Windows 10 has opened an alert BEHIND the main window, asking if it's OK to install the voices files. Sometimes you can even see the very bottom of that window at the bottom of the main installer window. Solution is simple: just MOVE the main installer window to the side so you can see that alert window, and then confirm that it's OK to install, and the installation process will resume. If you've waited so long that the Installer generates errors, you will need to run the installer again.
- Make sure you have a DEFAULT printer selected. Screenwriter on Windows will not run nicely if the Windows 10 Anniversary update was installed and you have not RE-SELECTED a default printer. If you do not have an actual, real printer, then at least set the Microsoft Print to PDF as the default (Control Panels > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers) by right clicking on the desired printer and selecting "Set as Default Printer".
- When you run the installer, right-click on the installer and select "Run as Administrator". Similarly, after you INSTALL the program, when you RUN the Screenwriter program, do so by right-clicking on the application and select "Run as Administrator". If you are logged in as Administrator, this step may not be needed in the future when running the program.
- Do not block any outgoing IP traffic because our activation needs to reach our servers.
If installation is successful, but activation stalls after you enter your serial number:
- The issue is probably your browser. Please make sure that for the activation process, you set your Default Browser to Firefox, Chrome, or Microsoft Edge / Internet Explorer. Confirm any requests to add a security exception. As a fallback, activation should absolutely work with Firefox.
- When trying to save to a non-accessible drive, the program leaves the Zap Saving window open.
- When the page starts halfway down the first page, the header is also placed halfway down the page.
- The program no longer shows an arrow to the left of the element that is being read in Text to Speech."
- When doing a Search and Replace - “Yes to All” stops at every instance of the word, instead of replacing them all.
- After dragging an element to new place in the script, the program repositions the document on screen so the dragged element is at the same place on screen as it originally was.
- Text to Speech stops when it reaches an unassigned character, rather than skipping over it.
- The Navidoc Flashing pointer has only one fade rate regardless of which fade rate the user has chosen in the settings dialog.
- Double clicking on an element type in the Setup Voices dialog triggers a crash.
- Extra line of Action gets inserted when adding a new Scene Heading.
- Program Crashes when hiding/marking non-printing dialogue.
- Access Violation when searching, inserting outline elements, copying and pasting, editing text, etc.
- Access violation at address 0082E020 in module 'scwriter32.exe'. Read of address 63736E70.
- Ctrl+Clicking a NaviDoc Outline disclosure button causes a crash.