Movie Magic Screenwriter 6.0
File version: 126.96.36.199
File size: 46.6 MB
This download will...
- install Screenwriter 6 if you don't have the program on the computer OR install directly over existing installations as an update (will not affect any of your documents).
- run as a 14-day trial if you do not own a license/serial number.
First, please read the "Potential Issues when Downloading and Installing Screenwriter on Windows" section below. It may save you a lot of time if you run into problems.
- If you are updating or upgrading, exit out of Screenwriter if it is running.
TO INSTALL SCREENWRITER 6 on Windows 10:
NOTE: The following download instructions show screenshots using Windows Explorer. Should you use Chrome, Firefox, or another browser, the manner in which the download steps display may vary. The software activations screenshots should look similar, however.
- Click on the following link to download the software:
LINK: Click Here To Download The Installer
- You will be prompted to Run, Save, or Cancel. Choose Save.
- After it has downloaded, you will get the option to Run, Open Folder, or View Downloads. Choose Open Folder to go to the folder in which the installer was saved, which is usually the Downloads folder.
- A Windows Explorer window will open and show the Movie Magic Screenwriter installer highlighted.
- Right-click on the installer, and choose Run As Administrator. This ensures Screenwriter has the proper Windows read and write permissions
- The installer will display a window as it prepares for installation
NOTE: If the installer appears to stall (progress bar stops moving around 30% to 60%), the issue is that Windows 10 has opened an alert BEHIND the main window, asking if it's OK to install the voices files. Sometimes you can even see the very bottom of that window at the bottom of the main installer window. The solution is simple: just MOVE the main installer window to the side so you can see that alert window, and then confirm that it's OK to install, and the installation process will resume. If you've waited so long that the Installer generates errors, you will need to run the installer again.
- The opening screen of the Screenwriter installer opens. Press Next to continue installation.
Follow the on-screen steps to install.
- Once Screenwriter installer has finished, press the Windows key once and the Windows 10 desktop should appear. Launch Screenwriter by double-clicking on the alias icon (see image below). If it does not launch Screenwriter automatically, you may launch it by clicking on the Windows Start menu, and select the quick start icon or choose it from the applications list under Movie Magic Screenwriter 6.
- The first screen of the Screenwriter activation program presents three options: Try, Authorize, and Quit.
- If you want to activate the software on your computer, choose Authorize.
- If you do NOT have a Screenwriter 6 serial number (they begin with SCRW0600), choose TRY and use Screenwriter in trial mode for up to two weeks for free.
- If you do not want to activate the software, choose Quit.
- If you want to activate the software on your computer, choose Authorize.
- The next step is to activate the software. You are presented with two choices: Internet activation (preferred), and Manual activation (only when necessary)
- lNTERNET ACTIVATION (for manual activation, skip to Step 16)
- Select Internet activation and click Next. This will launch your default browser and connect you to the Write Brothers activation server.
- Assuming you have a Movie Magic Screenwriter 6.0 serial number, which begins with SCRW0600, select the "I already have a serial number" option and click NEXT.
- Enter your serial number by either copying and pasting it or typing it in directly. If you copy and paste, make sure you do not have any extra characters at the end of the serial number, such as non-visible spaces or paragraph marks.
If the serial number cannot be verified, consider contacting technical support. The most likely reasons for getting an error is a typo in the serial number, or if you've had Screenwriter 6 for a while, it's possible that all of your activation slots are used and you may need to have support clear one or more to make room for your new activation(s). Otherwise, you may need a manual activation.
- Once the serial number is verified, click Next and the software will be activated and ready to use.
If the activation stalls after you enter your serial number, the issue is probably your browser. Please make sure that for the activation process, you set your Default Browser to Firefox, Chrome, or Microsoft Edge / Internet Explorer. Confirm any requests to add a security exception. As a fallback, activation should absolutely work with Firefox.
[THIS ENDS THE INTERNET ACTIVATION DIRECTIONS]
- MANUAL ACTIVATION -- If you do not have an internet connection or cannot activate using the internet activation option, you may have to choose the manual activation option. Whenever possible, we recommend internet activation because manual activations cannot be reclaimed (i.e. moved to another computer).
Choose the Manual activation option and press Next.
- The activation server will generate a CHALLENGE code.
- Press the Copy Challenge button to copy the long code and then submit a ticket to technical support by clicking on the following link and paste the code into the body of the ticket:
LINK: CONTACT TECH SUPPORT
- Once tech support responds with the RESPONSE code, copy the response code, paste it into the Response text field, and press Next.
- Click on the Finish button on the final activation screen and the software is activated. You are ready to launch Screenwriter 6 and get to writing!
Potential Issues when Downloading and Installing Screenwriter on Windows
Suggestions for PRIOR to Installing:
- Temporarily turn off any anti-virus (such as AVG, McAfee) and anti-malware (Windows Defender) software before installing the software.
- If you have MORE THAN ONE USER ACCOUNT, make sure you are logged into an ADMIN account (a user with administrator privileges). You can check this by looking at Control Panels > User Accounts > User Accounts, and make sure your user says "Administrator".
- Some browsers may not work with our activation: Opera has known issues with our activation server. Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome should all work, although each may complain about our activation site's security certificate. Your browser may ask you to create a "security exception" for our web site, "register.write-bros.com".
If you encounter issues DURING installation:
- If the installer appears to stall (progress bar stops moving around 30% to 60%), the issue is that Windows 10 has opened an alert BEHIND the main window, asking if it's OK to install the voices files. Sometimes you can even see the very bottom of that window at the bottom of the main installer window. Solution is simple: just MOVE the main installer window to the side so you can see that alert window, and then confirm that it's OK to install, and the installation process will resume. If you've waited so long that the Installer generates errors, you will need to run the installer again.
- Make sure you have a DEFAULT printer selected. Screenwriter on Windows will not run nicely if the Windows 10 Anniversary update was installed and you have not RE-SELECTED a default printer. If you do not have an actual, real printer, then at least set the Microsoft Print to PDF as the default (Control Panels > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers) by right clicking on the desired printer and selecting "Set as Default Printer".
- When you run the installer, right-click on the installer and select "Run as Administrator". Similarly, after you INSTALL the program, when you RUN the Screenwriter program, do so by right-clicking on the application and select "Run as Administrator". If you are logged in as Administrator, this step may not be needed in the future when running the program.
- Do not block any outgoing IP traffic because our activation needs to reach our servers.
If installation is successful, but activation stalls after you enter your serial number:
- The issue is probably your browser. Please make sure that for the activation process, you set your Default Browser to Firefox, Chrome, or Microsoft Edge / Internet Explorer. Confirm any requests to add a security exception. As a fallback, activation should absolutely work with Firefox.
- When trying to save to a non-accessible drive, the program leaves the Zap Saving window open.
- When the page starts halfway down the first page, the header is also placed halfway down the page.
- The program no longer shows an arrow to the left of the element that is being read in Text to Speech."
- When doing a Search and Replace - “Yes to All” stops at every instance of the word, instead of replacing them all.
- After dragging an element to new place in the script, the program repositions the document on screen so the dragged element is at the same place on screen as it originally was.
- Text to Speech stops when it reaches an unassigned character, rather than skipping over it.
- The Navidoc Flashing pointer has only one fade rate regardless of which fade rate the user has chosen in the settings dialog.
- Double clicking on an element type in the Setup Voices dialog triggers a crash.
- Extra line of Action gets inserted when adding a new Scene Heading.
- Program Crashes when hiding/marking non-printing dialogue.
- Access Violation when searching, inserting outline elements, copying and pasting, editing text, etc.
- Access violation at address 0082E020 in module 'scwriter32.exe'. Read of address 63736E70.
- Ctrl+Clicking a NaviDoc Outline disclosure button causes a crash.