Suggestions for PRIOR to Installing:
- Temporarily turn off any anti-virus (such as AVG, McAfee) and anti-malware (Windows Defender) software before installing the software.
- If you have MORE THAN ONE USER ACCOUNT, make sure you are logged into an ADMIN account (a user with administrator privileges). You can check this by looking at Control Panels > User Accounts > User Accounts, and make sure your user says "Administrator".
- Some browsers may not work with our activation: Opera has known issues with our activation server. Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome should all work, although each may complain about our activation site's security certificate. Your browser may ask you to create a "security exception" for our web site, "register.write-bros.com".
If you encounter issues DURING installation:
- If the installer appears to stall (progress bar stops moving around 30% to 60%), the issue is that Windows 10 has opened an alert BEHIND the main window, asking if it's OK to install the voices files. Sometimes you can even see the very bottom of that window at the bottom of the main installer window. Solution is simple: just MOVE the main installer window to the side so you can see that alert window, and then confirm that it's OK to install, and the installation process will resume. If you've waited so long that the Installer generates errors, you will need to run the installer again.
- Make sure you have a DEFAULT printer selected. Screenwriter on Windows will not run nicely if the Windows 10 Anniversary update was installed and you have not RE-SELECTED a default printer. If you do not have an actual, real printer, then at least set the Microsoft Print to PDF as the default (Control Panels > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers) by right clicking on the desired printer and selecting "Set as Default Printer".
- When you run the installer, right-click on the installer and select "Run as Administrator". Similarly, after you INSTALL the program, when you RUN the Screenwriter program, do so by right-clicking on the application and select "Run as Administrator". If you are logged in as Administrator, this step may not be needed in the future when running the program.
- Do not block any outgoing IP traffic because our activation needs to reach our servers.
If installation is successful, but activation stalls after you enter your serial number:
- The issue is probably your browser. Please make sure that for the activation process, you set your Default Browser to Firefox, Chrome, or Microsoft Edge / Internet Explorer. Confirm any requests to add a security exception. As a fallback, activation should absolutely work with Firefox.