To import a file from MS Word:
Open the document in MS Word and save it as an RTF (Rich Text Format) file. To find it easier, save the file in the Documents (My Documents) > Screenwriter Documents folder.
Then, in Screenwriter 6:
- Click File > New (using Default Template) for a screenplay, or click File > New from Template and choose another format.
- Click on File > Import.
- From the "Files of Type" pulldown list at the bottom, choose Rich Text Format (.rtf).
- Make sure you are looking in the folder where you saved the RTF file.
- Select the RTF file in the middle and click Open.
- On the "How should I interpret this text?" window, click OK.
The script should now be imported into Screenwriter in the format that you chose. It should need minimal clean-up. Due to fundamental differences in the way MS Word calculates page length, the file will probably not be the same number of pages.
Article is closed for comments.