Upgrades may be purchased at Screenplay.com.
If you have High Sierra (MacOS 10.13) or Mojave (10.14), we recommend that you upgrade because Screenwriter 6.0 is not compatible with High Sierra. You do not need to have Screenwriter 6.0 installed on your computer to upgrade to v6.5.
NOTE: Screenwriter 6.5 currently is NOT compatible with Apple's Catalina (OSX 10.15) or higher, though the upgrade to 6.5 includes the 64bit version of Mac Screenwriter 6.7. Screenwriter 6.7 is currently being tested by any 6.5 user who wants to use it. It is fully functional and additional features are added regularly. Click on the following link for current update status on the Mojave/Big Sur/Catalina version of Screenwriter 6.7.
If you have difficulty upgrading after following the step by step directions below, please contact Contact Customer Service / Sales and they will help process your upgrade.
STEPS TO UPGRADE
Here are the steps to buy the upgrade. You must log into your account at Screenplay.com before you can add the upgrade to your shopping cart.
- Go to Screenplay.com
- Log into Screenplay.com:
- If you have an existing account at Screenplay.com, log in with your email
- If you do not have an existing account at Screenplay.com -- or have difficulty retrieving your password, create a new account and log in
- Once you are logged in, go to the upgrade page:
- Enter 1 for the Qty (Quantity)
- Enter your Screenwriter 6 serial number
- Press Add to Cart
- Complete any info if needed
- Proceed with payment information
- You'll be sent a receipt with the download link, and a separate email with your new serial number
- IF YOU HAVE CATALINA (MacOS 10.15) or BIG SUR (MacOS 11), please skip to the "NOTE" in red below * , otherwise, if you have Mojave (10.14) or earler...
- LINK: Download the Screenwriter 6.5 software
- Install the software, which requires you to create a NEW account to register Screenwriter 6.5 because it has a different serial number (beginning with MMSW) and license management process than Screenwriter 6
- Once you're done, the Screenwriter 6.5 will be up and running
- We recommend that you uninstall Screenwriter 6 at this point to avoid conflicts.
IF YOU STILL CANNOT UPGRADE, please contact Contact Customer Service / Sales.
* NOTE: Screenwriter 6.5 is NOT compatible with Apple’s macOS 10.15 Catalina or higher -- though we are testing the 64bit Screenwriter 6.7 which is fully compatible with Monterey, Big Sur, and Catalina. Upgrading to 6.5 includes the Screenwriter 6.7 version.
Here is a link to download and install Screenwriter 6.7. The alpha test version requires the Screenwriter 6.5 serial number to activate.
Here is a link that describes the alpha version of Screenwriter 6.7 in greater detail: