Upgrades may be purchased at Screenplay.com.
The upgrade includes one new serial number that works with two versions:
- 32bit Screenwriter 6.5 for Mojave and earlier versions including High Sierra (10.14-10.10)
- 64bit Screenwriter 6.7 for Catalina and higher
If you have High Sierra (MacOS 10.13) or Mojave (10.14), we recommend that you upgrade because Screenwriter 6.0 is not compatible with High Sierra. If you have Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur or Catalina, we recommend that you upgrade because those versions only run 64bit apps like Screenwriter 6.7.
If you have difficulty upgrading after following the step by step directions below, please contact Contact Customer Service / Sales and they will help process your upgrade.
STEPS TO UPGRADE
Here are the steps to buy the upgrade. You must log into your account at Screenplay.com before you can add the upgrade to your shopping cart.
- Go to Screenplay.com
- Go to the upgrade page:
- Enter 1 for the Qty (Quantity)
- Enter your Screenwriter 6 serial number
- Press Add to Cart
- Complete any info if needed
- Proceed with payment information
- You'll be sent a receipt with the download link, and a separate email with your new serial number
- IF YOU HAVE VENTURA (OS 13.x), MONTEREY (OS 12.x), BIG SUR (OS 11), or CATALINA (MacOS 10.15), please skip to the "NOTE" in red below * , otherwise, if you have Mojave (10.14) or earler...
- LINK: Download the Screenwriter 6.5 software
- Install the software, which requires you to create a NEW account to register Screenwriter 6.5 because it has a different serial number (beginning with MMSW) and license management process than Screenwriter 6
- Once you're done, the Screenwriter 6.5 will be up and running
- We recommend that you uninstall Screenwriter 6 at this point to avoid conflicts.
IF YOU STILL CANNOT UPGRADE, please contact Contact Customer Service / Sales.
INSTALLING THE 64BIT SCREENWRITER 6.7 VERSION FOR VENTURA, MONTEREY, BIG SUR, & CATALINA
* NOTE: Screenwriter 6.5 is NOT compatible with Apple’s macOS 10.15 Catalina or higher -- though the 64bit Screenwriter 6.7 version is fully compatible with Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, and Catalina. Upgrading to 6.5 includes the Screenwriter 6.7 version.
Here is a link to download and install Screenwriter 6.7. The alpha version requires the Screenwriter 6.5 serial number to activate.
Here is a link that describes Screenwriter 6.7 in greater detail.