If you have High Sierra (MacOS 10.13) or Mojave (10.14), we recommend that you upgrade because Screenwriter 6.0 is not compatible with High Sierra. You do not need to have Screenwriter 6.0 installed on your computer to upgrade to v6.5.
NOTE: Screenwriter 6.5 currently is NOT compatible with Apple's upcoming Catalina (OSX 10.15), though purchasing an upgrade to 6.5 includes a free update to a Catalina-compatible version of Mac Screenwriter once the new version of Mac Screenwriter becomes available in Fall 2019.
Upgrades may be purchased at Screenplay.com. If you have difficulty upgrading after following the step by step directions below, please contact Contact Customer Service / Sales and they will help process your upgrade.
You must log into your account at Screenplay.com before you can add the upgrade to your shopping cart.
Here are the steps to buy the upgrade:
- Go to Screenplay.com
- Log into Screenplay.com:
- If you have an existing account at Screenplay.com, log in with your email
- If you do not have an existing account at Screenplay.com -- or have difficulty retrieving your password, create a new account and log in
- Once you are logged in, go to the upgrade page:
- Enter 1 for the Qty (Quantity)
- Enter your Screenwriter 6 serial number
- Press Add to Cart
- Complete any info if needed
- Proceed with payment information
- You'll be sent a receipt with the download link, and a separate email with your new serial number
- Download the software
- Install the software, which requires you to create a NEW account to register Screenwriter 6.5 because it has a different serial number (beginning with MMSW) and license management process than Screenwriter 6
- Once you're done, the Screenwriter 6.5 will be up and running
- We recommend that you uninstall Screenwriter 6 at this point to avoid conflicts.
IF YOU STILL CANNOT UPGRADE, please contact Contact Customer Service / Sales.