Screenwriter cannot import a PDF file (very few programs can other than Adobe products). The only way to bring the text of a PDF into a Screenwriter document is to open the pdf file by double-clicking on it, which will activate a Windows program that can open PDF files. Then:
- Select all of the text in the document.
- Copy the text (Edit>Copy).
- Open Screenwriter 6.
- Create a new, blank document if one does not already exist.
- Use Edit>Paste to paste the text into the document.
- If this is a script, choose "Use Most Aggressive interpretation of source text" option. If this is a novel, use the Import Text as Action option.
- Press OK.
At this point, you must go through the document and check the formatting.
PDF files store text in strange ways, especially around page breaks, that is not visible when displayed as a PDF. However, when you copy and paste the text into a word processor, those anomalies show up as text moved to other places within the new document.