EFFECTIVE APRIL 9, 2018
There is a free update compatible with Mac OS High Sierra (10.13) and Mojave (10.14) for those of you who own and registered Dramatica® Story Expert 5.0. If you purchased Dramatica Story Expert on or after April 9, 2018, you should already have Dramatica Story Expert 5.3 and do not need the 5.3 update. If your serial number begins with "DRAM", you have the v5.3 program. If your serial number begins with "DRSE0500", you have the older version and may update to 5.3.
The free update from Dramatica Story Expert 5.0 to 5.3 may be claimed at Screenplay.com. The reason it must be processed through Screenplay.com is that v5.3 requires a new serial number to be issued to you.
If you have difficulty updating after following the step by step directions below, please contact Contact Customer Service / Sales and they will help process your update.
You must log into your account at Screenplay.com before you can add the update to your shopping cart.
Here are the steps to claim the Dramatica Story Expert 5.3 update:
- Go to Screenplay.com
- Log into Screenplay.com:
- If you have an existing account at Screenplay.com, log in with your email
- If you do not have an existing account at Screenplay.com -- or have difficulty retrieving your password, create a new account and log in with the name registered to your copy of Dramatica Story Expert.
- Once you are logged in, go to the upgrade page: http://www.screenplay.com/products/dramatica-story-expert/dse-upgrade-version/dramatica-story-expert-5-upgrade-73.html
- Enter 1 for the Qty (Quantity)
- Enter your Dramatica Story Expert 5.0 serial number (begins with DRSE0500)
- Press Add to Cart
- Complete any info if needed
- No payment information required
- You'll be sent a receipt with the download link, and a separate email with your new serial number
- IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY UPGRADING ON SCREENPLAY.COM, please contact Contact Customer Service / Sales.
- IF YOU HAVE CATALINA (MacOS 10.15), please skip to the "NOTE" in red below * , otherwise...
- Download the software
- Install the software, which requires you to create a NEW account to register Dramatica Story Expert 5.3 because it has a different serial number (beginning with DRAM) and license management process than Dramatica Story Expert 5.0.
- Once you're done, Dramatica Story Expert 5.3 will be up and running.
* NOTE: Dramatica Story Expert currently is NOT compatible with Apple's Catalina (OSX 10.15), though you will receive a free update to a Catalina-compatible version of Mac Dramatica Story Expert once the new version of Dramatica Story Expert becomes available later in 2020. We have a virtual machine workaround for Catalina users that requires some setup but lets Catalina users with Dramatica Story Expert 5.3 an option today. If you have Catalina, here is a link to the workaround.