File version: 220.127.116.11
Requirements: Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.12
(NOT 10.13 High Sierra or 10.14 Mojave Compatible)
Note: A newer version of full version of Mac Movie Magic Screenwriter, version 6.5, is available for purchase, which is compatible with MacOS 10.10 through 10.14 (Mojave)-compatible. For 64bit versions of MacOS, e.g. Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey, you'll need the 64bit Screenwriter 6.7 version that is included with the purchase of Screenwriter
This download will install Screenwriter 6 as a new installation or update an existing installations as an update (this will not affect any of your documents). If you do not own a license, it will run as a 14-day trial.
Screenwriter 6 Demo / Trial Installation Instructions
- Click on the Download button on this page.
- Once you click on the link, you will be brought to the Write Brothers WeTransfer.com download page. Click on the DOWNLOAD button to begin the download (MovieMagicScreenwriter6.dmg.zip).
- The file is large and can take a while to download. You can check the progress by using your browser's download status option.
- Once the download is done, you can find the MovieMagicScreenwriter6.dmg.zip file in your Downloads folder (or wherever you downloaded the file).
- Open the Downloads folder using the Finder.
- Double-click on the MovieMagicScreenwriter65_12_70_R13.dmg.zip file to un-compress the file.
- Once the download is done, you can find the MovieMagicScreenwriter6.dmg file in your Downloads folder (or wherever you downloaded the file).
- Double click on the DMG file to mount it on the desktop. You will see a Screenwriter Installer volume icon on the desktop.
- Inside of that volume, double-click on the Install Screenwriter... icon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the install. If prompted for a password during installation, this would be the password you created when setting up your Mac computer.
Once the installation is complete, you can locate the program in the /Applications/Screenwriter 6 folder on your hard drive.
Launch Screenwriter 6 and use the TRY option to begin your 14-day trial / demo version of the software.